Another Short One

Allergies are kicking my butt, yet I soldier on. I'm outlining my third paranormal cozy mystery, and getting ready to ramp up marketing efforts for my first self-published book, Before Baker Street. It's a collection of short pieces, some of them previously published, about the adventures of teenaged Sherlock Holmes. He's joined for a couple of them by his cousin, Tom Stubbins -- formerly assistant to Dr. John Doolittle, the man who could speak with animals. So, yes, there are animals involved. I enjoy doing these "mash-ups," and I think these came out quite well. Holmes also interacts with some other literary figures, but I'm going to keep their identities secret for now. I will drop one name -- Bram Stoker. No, not his best-known character, Dracula; Stoker himself, who was something of a character in his own right. I'm also including a couple of familiar names from the works of Jules Verne.

And in closing, here's another painting I did about 15 years ago. Oil on board, about 14" x 12", if I remember correctly. (I can't be exact because the painting is in a private collection.)






Comments

  1. A Sherlock Holmes/Dr. Doolittle crossover seems like something that should happen.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #2 - Short and Sweet

I Had a Good Week

Other Early Writing Influences