Blog Post #2 - Short and Sweet

I'm still learning my way around this whole blogging thing. I am supposedly -- supposedly -- updating this thing every Wednesday and Sunday. Well, today is Sunday and I forgot to do it before now, which is 6:15 pm. 

In the interest of keeping this short, because supper is almost ready. I will simply say that this week I submitted two short stories, a new one and one that has been making the rounds. I also did some work on the cozy mystery I am ghostwriting.

Ghostwriting is something I have come to enjoy over these past few years. I started out by doing an autobiography for a former member of the writers group I was a member of back in Doylestown. He was a fairly well-known clinical psychologist. I enjoyed the experience, though I have since learned how to do it better.

My next ghostwriting gig took place a couple of years later and was easier for me, as it was a science-fiction novel. I'd previously (and subsequently) written and published a fair bit of sf over the years, so that was fun. My client thought I did a good job, as well. I started getting a few more jobs in that line, until I now have a dozen or so ghostwritten works to my credit.

After that I wrote a post-apocalyptic sf novel for another client, and a sort of high fantasy novel for another. And now I am writing the second in a series of paranormal cozy mysteries, after having written one non-paranormal cozy for a different client. I can't go into much more detail about these works due to non-disclosure agreements, as I'm sure you can understand.

Perhaps next time I'll discuss a bit more about how I got interested in writing in the first place.

For now I'll close with a piece of art. This is a barn in Solebury, NJ, not far from New Hope. I painted in plein air about 20 years ago, in oils.



Comments

  1. Ghostwriting would be neat to try. If you want to show off the comic book art you did for me feel free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be interested to see how you get on. I started my blog in 2004 with the intention of giving it a kind of fanzine-like quality. Over the years I've pretty much kept up the posting but the lack of response is quite dispiriting and now I more or less use the blog as a useful compendium of my artwork. If I want to know when I painted something, the blog will tell me.

    Anyway, good luck with yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frankly, I'm doing this because I'm hoping to use it as a way to help me publicize my writing. And, I suppose, to a lesser extent, my artwork. I think you are handling your blog really well, Harry.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Other Early Writing Influences

I Had a Good Week